Visiting is an essential part of caring
We are committed to making visits as easy as possible for families
At St Martins Care, we understand how important it is for families to maintain contact with their loved ones that we care for. Although the COVID-19 pandemic means that we can no longer allow open visiting, we are determined to do all we can to ensure families see their loved ones as much as possible.
To facilitate this we have several ways in which family members can visit residents:
- Every one of our homes has a safe, clean and warm visiting room where families can meet residents separated by a clear partition. We know it's not as good as being able to touch but, for those that still prefer to socially distance, these are a great way to meet, sure in the knowledge that all possible precautions to reduce the transmission of disease have been taken.
- Weather permitting, we are able to facilitate socially distanced visiting in our safe, enclosed and beautiful garden spaces.
- We are also able to facilitate virtual visiting using a selection of online tools such as Zoom, Facebook, Teams and Whatsapp. The fast, free Internet access in all our homes ensures a reliable, clear and high quality connection.
- For those that want to visit in person we are able to arrange visiting in a resident's bedroom subject to visitors following current Government guidance on COVID-19 testing and visitor numbers.
- Finally, where the needs of the resident dictate, we are able to designate certain family members as "Essential Care Givers" which allows us to permit more frequent and longer visiting so that family members can spend more time caring for their loved ones in the home.
We have a clear and detailed visiting policy that can be requested at any time from any of our care homes.